Thursday, January 21, 2010

What's happening at the palace

 Two new cold process soaps are curing, several melt and pour glycerin soaps are made and labeled and I have been selling vintage drapery materials on Artfire, but, not soap recently.  What's up with that? Well, one thing is certain. The craft show schedule is heating up and I know that I sell soap there.
  
  One of the soaps that I made has Bentonite clay and lanolin in it.  Adding clay to soaps is necessary for a good shaving soap.  The clay allows the razor blade to glide over the skin, making the process so much nicer.  Having lanolin in the soap helps in the process, also.  This soap is one of my daughter's favorites. The oils used in this soap are all vegetable, but, the added lanolin prevents me from labelling it as vegan.


  The other CP soap is definitely not vegan, as it contains both beef and deer tallows.  These make a wonderfully hard bar of soap that will last a long time in your shower or at your sink.  The very first time that I made soap with deer tallow, I was so impressed that I wanted more.  It had scented that batch with Peppermint, Lavender and Sandalwood essential oils.  This time I used Patchouli EO and mixed it with Apple-Pear fragrance oil.  Very nice fragrance.


  Be sure to visit Artfire to see my collection.  These will show up in about a month. The shaving soap is a mustard yellow and the tallow soap is neon blue.



 





No comments:

Post a Comment