Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Harvest time

Made my first batch of Bread & Butter pickles today. Only put up 6 pints. Hopefully, the cukes will produce more. I have to make them using Splenda, as my husband is diabetic. This is the third year that I have made them this way. They taste just as good as those with sugar.

Waiting for some more free time to begin formulating. I need to make more things for the upcoming indoor craft season. Have been adding a few more things to Artfire. Now to just find a good spot to photograph my goodies.....sigh!!!! Too much stuff, too little house!

Need to get more creative with my soap designing. I don't want to copycat, but, by the same token, there are just so many ways that you can portray your product. Colors, scents, swirls; these are all possibilities, along with shapes and formulations. I have to decide whether there are enough soap buyers who don't mind having animal fats in their soaps. Personally, I like the hard bar that tallows and other animal fats give. But, in this day and age, many people are put off by this. I do offer vegan bars, but in order for them to be hard, you have to incorporate cocoa butter or stearic acid in them. Perhaps this is why most of my soaps are not selling on Artfire, because they have animal fats in them.

More musings at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment