Monday, June 29, 2009

Renaissance Faires

Alright. I have finally sat up at a renaissance faire. This was the first time for this group and only the second year of the campground being in existance. Attendance was not massive, but, those that were there were very happy. It could have been the gate fee that made them the happiest. Most ren faires are pricey to get into. The customers at this event only had to pay $5.00 to park their cars. Such a deal!

I did not take all of my inventory of soaps and other goodies. I tried to concentrate on those scents and objects that were of interest to faire-goers. I have attended enough of my own and have noticed what are the biggest sellers. I almost sold out of my Peppery Cranberry. My Gift of the Magi soap was also a good seller. Incense and sachets also did quite well.

I have another craft show this weekend, but, won't be able to make more Peppery Cranberry, as it needs to "cure" for at least four weeks. This is because I make cold processed soaps. If I was to make a hot processed soap, using the crock pot, it would be cured and ready to use within the week. Alas, no time.

I need to rearrange my display items as this craft show has an entirely different clientele. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Glad the faire went well! Good luck at the upcoming craft show

    ReplyDelete