Friday, June 26, 2009

showtime

Does anyone REALLY know what to take to a show? Every time I think I know my clientele, they fool me by either not being there or having a desire for something different than what I brought. I have heard this statement echoed by so many others that do craft shows so many times that it would seem to drive us crazy. Well let me tell you; as one who used to do antiques shows, it's the same way with them.

Even though the old adage says "The customer's always right.", it is extremely aggravating for us in this business to satisfy them. There is some thought out there that, perhaps we shouldn't bother to try to satisfy them. Just bring what you have and wait for the buyer. I have never liked that idea. As one who has always tried to satisfy people through out my life, this tends to ruffle the feathers. And, it doesn't always work and you end up selling hardly anything!

So what is a seller supposed to do? Probably, the best you can with what you have.

I would love some input on these thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment